I'm gonna spew ... like a sprinkler


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » London City
April 19th 2008
Published: July 16th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Being greedy we thought one going away party wasn’t enough so we had another (well another few actually). Our first was a trip to Thorpe park, which is a theme park on the outskirts of London. This was a smaller affair with just my flatmates, Jaimee and Joel (Nadine you pretty much were our 8th flat mate). It was a rather miserable day weather-wise and I was nursing a bit of a hangover from a co-worker Angela’s leaving drinks the night before. I had to put that on hold though as we were on a rollercoaster within minutes of entering the park, at least the bad weather meant the queues were relatively short. I was trying to avoid spinning rides so I could let the stomach settle, but that generally meant we went on rides that went higher and faster. After a KFC lunch stop I was feeling myself again.

I have to mention that on the rides there were some very different reactions, some were screaming - Joel, some were frightened speechless - Debra, and others were laughing hysterically - Nicola. One things for sure we were all grossed out when waiting for a ride and saw that someone from the previous ride had puked all over the seat, yuck. We gave that ride time to clean up and went on a giant swing ride, that was great fun, you fly at great speed towards the ground and then come down backwards. It’s hard to describe the rides so take a gander at the pictures.

What you’ll also be able to see from the pictures is that we got absolutely soaked, well a few of us. A group of us decided that we wanted to do the log flume and thought we wouldn’t get too wet. Wrong. I was worst off being in the front, I got drenched. Once soaking we decided we might as well do some more water rides, and by the end of that we were wet through. Needless to say the hour or so train journey home was a bit miserable. No pain no gain as they say.



Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0267s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 3; ; mem: 1.1mb