The Shizzle Slides


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » London City
December 14th 2006
Published: January 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Another one of the perks of working is lunches with clients; we had a four hour all paid for massive lunch on Thursday, with a fair amount of wine consumed. Having plenty of wine wasn’t my greatest idea as after work I went and played a full game of soccer. Our side had a 2-0 win, I thought I went quite well considering I started cramping after about 30 minutes. All wine and no water is not recommended before a football match.

Friday started in a bizarre fashion. We had a fire drill as soon as I arrived at work, and as we were returning to the building one of the guys was walking under a security barrier when it fell on him, luckily it didn’t knock him out. We also saw a fight outside of the restaurant that we were at for a marketing team lunch. And finally we saw cops storming into a house on the way back from the restaurant. Good old Croydon.

Nicola decided that she would come to London to do her Christmas shopping, so she came down after her work on Friday night.

I still hadn’t been back to go on the slides at the Tate so we went back early on Saturday morning only to find that the earliest we could go on them was 7:30pm. We decided to grab some tickets, do some stuff in town and then come back. We stumbled across St Paul’s cathedral and the London Museum before deciding on going to Piccadilly Circus. After having a meal here we went for a walk down Oxford Street, which had all its Christmas lights up. We found a place called Hamley’s, which is a massive toy shop, this was absolutely chocker with people, so we found a couch and watched a Japanese kid dominate a play station guitar game. He was unbeatable (just like my old flat mate Kenji at James Bond on Nintendo 64).

We made it back to the Tate in time for the slides and thankfully it was pretty quiet so we got to go on straight away. It was an absolute blast, you apparently get up to speeds of 70 km’s per hour. It is over pretty quickly, and you have to get off the mat at the bottom before the next person, which is harder than you think because you have to step out of your sack and are dizzy from all the turns.

Sunday was relatively quiet, we went and watched Déjà vu, in the afternoon, it’s the new Denzel Washington movie and wasn't too bad, a little bit too Hollywood for my liking, I thought it might have been a bit edgier.



Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.226s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 32; qc: 127; dbt: 0.1282s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb