Arrival in London


Advertisement
Published: July 10th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

London Flat


Arrivals, HeathrowArrivals, HeathrowArrivals, Heathrow

Lots of walking and standing in line. Fairly lengthy questioning at immigration. Surely we don't look that suspicious?
Arrival. Kids didn’t sleep particularly well on the plane (shocking!). Initially Lauren showed it more as Andrew got by on adrenaline and she looked like the walking dead. As the day wore on though she ultimately had more stamina as he started to look like a sloppy drunk or escaped mental patient. Curiously, he became highly enamored with counting things as an activity. We had an arranged car from Heathrow to our rented holiday flat. The flat is great - probably six times the size of a comparably priced hotel room with a small kitchen which will enable a little bit of economizing on the eating out. By now the kids were basically feral. Andrew went into hysterics about not wanting to leave the apartment and our unwillingness to consider his feelings while Lauren was so hungry I thought she might eat one of the couch cushions if we didn’t get her some food. All that trauma led to a 2 minute walk to a pastry shop and then back to enjoy our treats in calm and quiet. Revitalized we headed out and walked a short ways to Harrod’s and spent probably 90 minutes there exploring the vast expanses. Adults loved the fossils (particularly petrified wood and mammoth tusks) and kids loved the toys and exotic pet pampering products. Acceptable dinner in a tourist-y Italian café. Back to the flat to watch a little Harry Potter to get into the London spirit. Kids sound asleep within secondss of hitting bed. Adults not far behind…


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Harrods Stuffed Animal RoomHarrods Stuffed Animal Room
Harrods Stuffed Animal Room

Which one would fit better in m suitcase?


10th July 2009

I love this!
Its brilliant! Keep posting!

Tot: 0.308s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 20; qc: 80; dbt: 0.1993s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.2mb