Already true londoners!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » Kensington
June 15th 2006
Published: June 15th 2006
Edit Blog Post

The sites you see in the supermarket!The sites you see in the supermarket!The sites you see in the supermarket!

I walked around the aisle to find micka wearing this.....
Apparently as soon as someone stops to ask you for directions, you are then considered a londoner. Not sure what the rule is on actually being able to help them or not, cos our answer in all cases has been a rather useless, 'sorry, no idea', but nonetheless, we've now had three queries, so we're proud that we must atleast blend in like locals.
Actually, we could be considered locals, as we actually put off doing the night bus tour, the one we mentioned in the last blog, due to, well, laziness for one, and the whole 'but we live here, you dont do touristy stuff in your home town' (considering we've never even been on the old bendigo talking tram, this theory runs true) thing.
But we did get around to it last night (finally) and were the only ones on the bus, which was kinda cool, so we've now seen the sights... again. (been there done that, 6yrs ago)
And, we can safely say, we've seen most of the monopoly board now, from picadilly circus, to park road and our personal fave....earls court, although, isnt earls crt one of the cheapys in monopoly, one of the ones no one
Big Ben!!!!!!!Big Ben!!!!!!!Big Ben!!!!!!!

These are the pics from our night tour....hence the reason for it being dark! Plus, the bus driver wouldnt slow down enough for us to take non blurry pics, he knew we were the only ones on the bus, so sped around the circuit like he was in some kind of rally!
really wants to own? some feedback on this would be good, cos we're seriously wondering (obviously need to get a life)
Anyway, we're looking for flats and studios to rent in Earls Court, which is zone 1, or very central for those of you with no idea of zones.
We thought we'd do a bit of wandering the other night, see if we could spot some 'to let' signs on doorways....yeah, not a good idea when you have no map and not even the slightest idea where you're going. We toured 4 suburbs or so for a good couple of hours (even found ourselves on the banks of the Thames....no-where near our hotel) til we decided to catch a cab back to the hotel, good idea, cos we'd still be touring now...in the opposite direction.
We've ventured on to the tube several times already, its actually really good, easy to follow, quick, comfy......however, we havent been on in peak times, so I'm thinking its gonna be a whole nother story when that time comes.
Anyway, best go get some lunch, England is playing Trinidad in an hour or so, and we've decided to cheer them on (never forgetting our aussie
Londons biggest shopping ctrLondons biggest shopping ctrLondons biggest shopping ctr

Cant remember the name of it, its not Harrods, think it starts with S, feel free to look it up for us. Thanks
routes ofcourse) cos, if they win, its gonna be mental here, which we want to be a part of, so we figure there's no harm in sharing our alliances just for a bit......ooh, might go have a cup of tea too! :-)
Til next time......









Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

St Pauls CathedralSt Pauls Cathedral
St Pauls Cathedral

Me posing....fyi, the queen celebrated her bday at this church today!
Tower Bridge...in the distanceTower Bridge...in the distance
Tower Bridge...in the distance

This bridge opens up to let tall ships through...it looks nice too!
Tower Bridge...up closeTower Bridge...up close
Tower Bridge...up close

This photo was taken at high speed whilst exiting the tower bridge
Blurry but nice!Blurry but nice!
Blurry but nice!

Dust off the old glasses and look closely...you should see the 'london eye' (worlds tallest ferris wheel) next to big ben.


16th June 2006

Hmmmm
That Weirdo on the bus seems to be developing a "Bond St. Belly" I think pre season may need to happen, and soon! (I can't talk!)

Tot: 0.313s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 70; dbt: 0.0765s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb