Fancy a cup of tea???


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » London City
June 18th 2006
Published: June 18th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Our humble abodeOur humble abodeOur humble abode

This is our new address for the next 6 mths. There's lots of 'studios' in this one building, and filled mostly with Aussies!
Well Hello there (said with a posh english accent)
We are now residents of 'the Borough of Kensington and Chelsea' (I believe chelsea is one of the wealthiest parts of london....its beleivable as we've seen many a lamborgini, porsche and ferrari parked in the streets......true story) so its time we learnt to speak posh.......or not!
Nup, we aint changin for no-one, it aint worth it, they can shove their hoity toity accents up their clackers!!......(said whilst sipping on tea) we're getting there, dont you think???

We signed up for a 'studio apartment' and moved in yesty. A studio basically consists of one room, containing; a bed, kitchen, wardrobes, couch and a little table, then there's another room containing the bathroom, and well....thats it! Its cosy, and has everything we need.....AND...there's 4 pubs on our block, so yep, its got everything we need.
Oh yeah, and its a 3 minute walk from the tube, the supermarket, restaurants, everything...very handy in deed!
We just finished watching Australia lose to Brazil down at our local (the Earls Court Tavern) not quite as good an atmosphere as last time...you know you're teams losing when the only thing you're cheering is the opposing side getting
our streetour streetour street

All the buildings look the same, so there could be problems if we drink too much.....
yellow cards....oh well, there's always Croatia....we'll win that one for sure! :-)
FYI; that kangaroo in the corner (you should have spotted it in previous pics) is real, the poor b*rstards been stuffed! Figured that one out as we sat beside him this time.
Anyway......
Did some more sight-seeing today, we walked down to Hyde Park and Kensington Palace (also only 10 minute walk from our new place) and took a few photos. Lovely day once again, probably mid twenties, and apparently fathers day here also, so the crowds were lapping up the sunshine in the parks.
Off on the job hunting trail again tomorrow, along with a bit of touristy and pub action aswell of course! So til then.......






Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Our bedroom/loungeroom/kitchen/whole houseOur bedroom/loungeroom/kitchen/whole house
Our bedroom/loungeroom/kitchen/whole house

Here's micky making himself at home
turn around and there's the kitchenturn around and there's the kitchen
turn around and there's the kitchen

The door beside the kitchen leads to the front door and also the bathroom. Its easy to have brekky in bed...I can throw eggs at micky from the kitchen to the bed!!
Our lovely bathroomOur lovely bathroom
Our lovely bathroom

Hey, dont knock it, it's 5 star compared to some of the russian hotels we stayed in!
Our street signOur street sign
Our street sign

Micky pointing to our street sign...he's considering stooging it...is that illegal over here too???
Kensington PalaceKensington Palace
Kensington Palace

Fancy us living right near here...are we poshos or what?!?!
Kensington palace gardensKensington palace gardens
Kensington palace gardens

Nice aint it! Shall we have some tea? By the way..incase you didnt know, this is where the late Princess Diana used to live.
more kensington gardensmore kensington gardens
more kensington gardens

me posing... got sunburnt again today too...who woulda thought that would happen over ere!
Princess DianaPrincess Diana
Princess Diana

This is the memorial to the late Diana in Hyde Park (across the road from kensington gardens) its basically just a water feature that londoners use to cool their feet in...I'm sure she'd be proud.
Albert MemorialAlbert Memorial
Albert Memorial

This is the Albert Memorial...thats all we know about it...might have to look that one up, so we know what exactly we're taking photos of. Its in Hyde park anyway.
ahhh, aint that cute!ahhh, aint that cute!
ahhh, aint that cute!

These are the late princesses pet ducks. Actually thats not true, they were just cute so we took a pic. Fancy a cup of tea?


19th June 2006

blimey
or should I say crickey it didn't take you knobs long to get a bit up yourselves did it? I'm thinking you look a little to much at home there. Its good to see you blossom in health, good luck with Jobs, don't rorry you can always come home aunty re says if work does not pan out.
22nd June 2006

hey
readin ur sight makes me learn things, i didnt even know brazil was in the world cup. btw how much did we loose by.

Tot: 0.336s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 10; qc: 66; dbt: 0.0674s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb