Heathrow Airport Transfer


Advertisement
Published: March 17th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Got to Heathrow at 20:00, we had only what I thought was 30 mins to get to our Qantas check-in before it closed. Time to get skates on.
Luckily I was sat next to an experienced BA flight service manager and he told us where to go to when we got off to transfer terminals from T5 to T3.
After what seemed a 2 mile walk, we found where to get the transfer bus.
Buses for other terminals came and went, before ours came.
The queue of 8 got on the bus, when the driver decided to let us on.
Then he was being far too accomodating, waiting for other passengers before departing.
At a crawl of 20 miles an hour, we got to T3 eventually and rushed to get past through the shopping area
No time to stop for the loo.
At security, there were loads milling around, but onlya few 3 actually doing any work, with 2 arguing amongst themselves.
(Come on!)
Then had to wait in a queue, for 1 bag to be searched because I'd left my tablet PC in it.
Just got our belts back on then got stopped again!
This time to re-do (why? don't know!) the bag drug sweep.
Found out that we had actually 50 mins to transfer, but had already spent a good 40minutes.
Why is it when you're in a rush, is your gate at the end of a very long walk?
Yay! got to departures 15 mins to spare - phew!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.173s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 15; qc: 61; dbt: 0.1064s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb