London town


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » Hammersmith
August 14th 2008
Published: August 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hello to all back home,
i am currently in London staying with my mate ria and her house mates, who are all pretty cool. After leaving Munich i headed to the south of France to the city of Toulouse to see a girl that i met on my travels, her name is Natacha. We spent most of the time just walking throughout the city and exploring some of the beautiful parks that were there, all in all had a really nice few days there.
After that is when i cought a plane over to London and stayed in a hostel that used to be an old court room. Got up early the next day and went for a walk through the city and before i knew it i had found my way to the London eye. For those of you who do not know what that is it is a gigantic ferris wheel that takes about half an hour to do a full rotation and it gives you a view of the whole city.
After a few nights of staying at the hostel i rang up ria to see where abouts she was and then got directions to meet up with her at a star bucks (which are every where over here) and had a coffee with her before we took my bags back to her house. It has beem nice to have somewhere to stay where you can have a good nights sleep and not have any body drunkenly waking you up at four in the morning by turning on the lights or snoring or having sex on the bed across from yours!
Any way her house mates as i said a pretty cool so they dont mind me staying there, we have headed out a few times for drinks already and i have met some of there mates and have been having pretty much a damn good time.
Woke up early the other morning and snuck out while they were all asleep and went on a free walking tour which went for about three hours and we got to see Buckingham Palace, Hyde Park corner, Nelsons Column, Leicester Square, Trafalgar Square, Houses of Parliament and the list goes on and on. Thus far the only thing i still have to see here is the London Bridge which i will be doing tomorrow.
And a big happy birthday to dad for the other day, i tried to call a few times but you just would not bloody well pick up the phone. Hope all went well for you though!

I think that is really everything that i have been doing since last blog, do not know where i am going next so will let you all know as soon as i know. Untill then hope every body is safe and sound at home.

Brett.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0485s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb