Munich


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Munich
August 6th 2008
Published: August 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hey all,
our stay in Munich has been a good one. Once again at another Wombats hostel. First couple of days there we just walked around to get an idea of where things were in the city, so nothing too exciting mainly window shoping and all that sort of Jagga.
The next day though we got up early and took advantage of the free walking tour as we did at the previous Wombats hostel, and once again the tour did not let us down. Not only did we get some insight on the history of Munich but we were also shown where all th good Beer gardens and hang out points were. One of the places we were taken to was a nudist park, well part od it was anyway. But it was really cool because they had a stream flowing through there where people would jump in a rubber ring and just float down stream. The only dangerous part about it was though you had to jump out before you went too far down or you would be collected by the very low hanging brick bridge that gave us access from one side to the other, aparently a few tourists who dont know any better have made this mistake in the past!
The other high light for me was taking a 2hr trip out of Munich to the Bavarian Alps of Germany to go and see the Hohenschwangau castle and the Neuschwanstein castle. They were like something out of a fairy tale and were apsolutely beautiful. In both castles in every room the walls were painted with stories of love and loss, the ceilings were so elaborately decorated with all various colours and had thin strips of timber painted in gold weaving its way all over the ceiling like a golden vine.
The ceiling in the kings bed chamber was decorated with stars that at night time would glow giving him the effect that he was lying out under the stars.
The design of the Neuschwanstein castle was actually used by Walt Disney at Disneyland, and also at the start of every disney you see where tinker bell flies over the top of it. If you want to have a look just google those two names and you can see what i mean.

Well thats all for now i will up date again when i get to the U.k

Love Brett and Karina.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0428s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb