Haggis Tour


Advertisement
Published: September 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hey guys,
for the past few weeks i have been catching up with Marcus and Ria, ocassionally heading out to the pub to have a couple of beers, which was really good to catch up and see some familiar faces. I have also done a tour of England and Wales which was over a period of 5 days, so many sites to see and history to take in. There was really no tome to stop and rest.
We left London on the 25th of Aug which was a Monday at about 7.30 in the morning and drive to Marbourgh for a 15 min stop off for some much neede coffee and get supplies for the day. After there it was on to Avebury to see the biggest henge in all of Britain. Then off to Cherhill to see a crop circle and a giant whit horse that was carved into the side of the mountain. After there we passed through the town of calme to Lacock which was an 18th century village and then onto the town of Bathe where we atayed for the night.
Day 2: We crossed over the Severn River and went through Chepstow to the town of Cymru which was the devider from England to Wales. Through Tintern Abby and stopped in Ludlow for lunch. Next stop was at Ponteysylte where we crossed over a giant bridge, half of it was was a walkway and the other half was a canal where river boats crossed from one side to the other. If you wanted to you could park your boat on the bridge and watch a football match being playeddown below.
We then then stayed the night at Tynbrynn.
Day 3: We went to Snowdonia national park to get the most amazing Lake views. It was early in the morning so we got the most amazing view of the early morning mist rolling in over the surrounding mountains and lay a thick blanket over the lakem, and the waterfall just added to the perfect days start. From there we crossed over the Britanica bridge to Anglesey before heading to a town that 58 letters to its name - Lfanfalrpwllgwyngyllgogerycheryrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch. Believe you me that is an apsolute mouthful to try and pronounce! Then onto Conway followed by Hawkshead, Caniston then to Amblesidewhere we stayed for the night.
Day 4: We went to the town of Windermere then onto Orrest Head before hitting Yorkshire to go over devils bridge. Then onto Skieton, York and staying the night at Beverly.
Day 5: We went to Sherwood Forrest to join Robbin Hood and his Merry Men, i ended up getting to be the Sherrif of Nottingham. We got to do some Archery here which was pretty cool because we used the proper old fashioned long bows. Then it was back off to good old London Town.
Well guys thats it for now,
Brettxoxo

Advertisement



Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 14; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0493s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb