Londinium again


Advertisement
Published: May 27th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The eurostar is a fantastic means of transport. the train is so smooth. so smooth infact that i fell asleep and missed going through the chunnel. ah well, nothing but pitch black anyway.

Back in London and i now have an oyster card. very easy to get around and i dont have to stuff around with cards in and out of my wallet, i just wave my wallet against the reader and voila! i am through.

I still Love London. this town is fantastic, so much to do so much to see, it has a vibe that i just cant explain!

We stayed last night at the Meininger hostel at Baden Powell house. IT was fantastic. the beds were nice, the breakfast was an all you can eat buffet as part of a jamie Oliver charity thing. PHENOMENAL. the only downside was that you cant drink the tap water, which Bradley found out a little late and is now feeling a bit queasy, im sure he will be fine.

Oxford Round Two: Summer 8's boat racing in the isis. exciting stuff. Fantastic to catch up with Chris and be shown some more oxford culture. boat racing for summer 8's is a little different. the boats begin the race around two metres apart and the chase boats have to bump the one infront to win. they start a fair way down the river so by the time they reach the crowd most of the action is over, very anti climatic but still and experience. what was very cool was the boat races in front of us, cricket a little further off and an airshow in the back ground. we got to watch a tornado doing Aero's a C130 take off and the Red arrows doing aerobatics. they were amazing.

the part of the day that was really amazing though was to actually meet Christian's parents for the first time. they were awesome. Christian is very alike them as you would expect.

Sunday 27th
Tonight we are in a hotel in Earl's Court courtesy of Michelle's Mum: thanks Michelle's mum!!!

Emma arrives today, which should be very exciting, although i am off to Birmingham tomorrow i am sure i will be abck for a day trip atleast once.

well thats it from me for now; i am off to go buy soem new shoes!!


Advertisement



27th May 2007

don't miss
South island Pacific near Kennington

Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 12; qc: 33; dbt: 0.0473s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb