Mysore to Bangalore, and Home Again!


Advertisement
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » Croydon
August 17th 2015
Published: August 17th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Dear All Greetings from…Croydon!! Yay! I made it home safely, and it is just so wonderful to be back in my lovely little home again. This is the first time I’ve been away and come back to my own house, since moving in here three years ago, and it is such a little sanctuary to come home to after weeks on the road. If houses give hugs, mine embraces me each and every day, and I like to think I ... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 46, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

My Room in the St Mark's InnMy Room in the St Mark's Inn
My Room in the St Mark's Inn

I got to know this room and bed quite well during my stay in Bangalore...



18th August 2015

Back home...
We love that coming home feeling too! Your house sounds lovely. It's funny that your rules for where you ate in India were quite different to ours - we ate as local as possible, and we gravitated to the places that had lots of people. Andrew got one night of gastro in Madurai (but we ruled out the food as four of us shared the same dishes and only Andrew got sick); and even though I escape any stomach bugs, I got a bad flu that took antibiotics and three weeks to kick. We were super careful with water, but we know people who weren't and never got sick. It's the luck of the draw! :)
18th August 2015

Exactly!
Indeed, the luck of the draw it is in India - as with the country, it is all really quite a mystery! I think it was actually a meal at the Radisson Hotel in Mysore that did it...! Perhaps I should have followed your rules about eating where the locals eat, but as you say, it's not "if" but "when"...! It's gonna happen anyway, so there's no point trying to escape it! Sorry to hear about the 3-week flu, that must have been just awful :( Looking forward to reading more of your blogs over the coming days :)
18th August 2015

You are right...
one of the best things about travel is coming home! Like you, I am willing to spend a little more money to get a lot more comfort. I'm looking forward to reading about your next travels.
18th August 2015

Thank you
Thanks Bob, and thanks for reading my Blog. I look forward to reading about El Camino :)

Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0406s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb