London- Almost ready to click those Ruby Red Slippers- There's no place like home


Advertisement
Published: July 20th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Well our amazing journey is coming to an end. We have been in London for a few days and done a lot of the tourist attractions ;-) Big Ben, Westminister Abby, Parliment, Buckingham Palace, Thames River, Tower of London and the Crown Jewels to name a few. One of the loveliest things was the exquisite Queen Victoria's crown. Diamonds everywhere, small and just beautiful. We happened to be in front of Buckingham Palace when the changing of the guard occurred. It was a beautiful day as the guards marched up the side of St. James Park and into the gated area in front of Buckingham Palace. There were so many people that it was hard to see, but just being there was so fun.

We managed a shopping trip to Harrods, Dave and Cope were happy to see Krispy Kreme donuts there . A woman was singing opera in on one of the balconies which stuck out into the area where the Egyptian Escalator is.

We are staying about a 20 minute underground ride from central London in a new redevelopment area in the old "docklands" part of the city. It is called Canary Wharf in the East End. Highrise buildings with Citibank, and other financial institutions. Hard to believe there's a recession going on when you're out here. Lots of restaurants along the water, high end shopping and lots of little beautiful parks.

Sharon and Dave left this morning for Phoenix (it feels weird to have them gone) and we will leave on Thursday night. We will overnight near JFK and then be home late Friday night. Because of our little "camera adventure" in Paris we will not be posting photos until this week-end when Sharon gives me the great ones she took of London ;-)

So... until our last blog this next week-end when we close out this fabulous adventure, thanks for reading, responding and asking questions.

Advertisement



20th July 2010

Wow...
What a wonderful trip!!! We are envious and looking for ways to emulate what you did. Also, thinking about selling this home and moving to something more affordable so that we can have more play money. Lots to think about. Looking forward to seeing you guys soon. r and c
20th July 2010

Hard Decision!!
We to think about getting rid of houses Hopefully we'll chat next week.
20th July 2010

All good things must come to an end...
Cope and Jean--You guys have really had the adventures on this trip!! Thanks for sharing with your fans back here in the "real world" of 9 to 5!! Safe travels back to the USA!
20th July 2010

Where to next
All good things must come to an end and we have enjoyed travelling with you so much, we certainly looked forward to your blog arriving. Thank you for sharing your adventures and bringing back so many wonderful memories for us, right down to the memories of staying in the same apartment in Prague and the same hotel in Paris! How is that for coincidence? Would love to hear your talk when you all get back together again, the laughter and tears when you reminisce through your photos, ahh life is good. Nick and Trish
23rd July 2010

In Shock
The same apartment and hotel... Prage and Paris... unbelievable! I'm looking forward to chatting more when we return home!

Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0441s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb