Thank you Diana


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » Bayswater
January 15th 2011
Published: January 19th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We had nothing planned today so we decided to go back to our very original stomping ground at Bayswater. It’s a nice area and our little studio flat was only a block or two away from Kensington Gardens and Hyde Park. We loved living in this area and this flat, but an empty pay packet after paying rent each month meant that we didn’t stay here for long. But it was long enough for us to reminisce about a lot of good times in this area, when we were young and childless....our walks around these famous parks in the middle of winter when we were skint and it was pitch black, trying to find our way home after a big night out, being diverted to other modes of transport when the London bombs went off!

We then headed in the direction of High Street Kensington tube station, via Kensington Gardens. We came across a fantastic park that we hadn’t seen before. This is either because it didn’t exist before or because we didn’t have kids before and when you don’t have kids you certainly don’t notice things like this! It is a memorial park for Diana and I have to say, after seeing a few parks, this is one of the best. It was like Disneyland with different little areas to explore, tunnels to crawl through, tracks to skip down, boats to swing on, instruments to play, bridges to climb over and a cafe to cappuccino in! How utterly perfect! We had to drag Mykenzie away and those who say they couldn’t bring kids up in London, haven’t seen this park yet! In fact apparently, there is more green space per capita in London than anywhere in the world. Secretly, I kind of find that hard to believe but I’m sure I read it somewhere!

Anyway, on we trudged to the tube station through what we remember as typical London weather, sunny then slightly raining then blowing a gale! So by the time we got home we decided to stay in for the afternoon. This wasn't really by choice but out of necessity, as the girls have been having very late afternoon naps. So much so that we have to wake them up, before sending them back to sleep only 2 hours later. But thankfully for us, it doesn’t seem to affect their night time sleep so we’re not changing anything!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0522s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb