You may think I'm nuts


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » Acton
June 18th 2008
Published: June 18th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Nude bike rideNude bike rideNude bike ride

seeing the sights
So your maybe wondering what am I doing naked on my bike infront of Big Ben hey? Well a few weeks ago I heard about a bike ride in London that takes place for safety awarness for bike riders but didn't know when and where (or that u were naked) so just forfot about it. Then last weekend a lad fro work came in and mentioned that he was in Brighton for the weekend and seen people riding around the city nude for some bike thing. I thought that could have been it and it could have been in London last weekend as well and that I had missed it so no worrys, that was the first time i found out that it was a naked ride as well.
Last Saturday heading home from work I noticed on Hyde Park corner a bunch of bikes and people standing around and some naked. So I went and checked it out and next thing I was nude in a line ready to ride around London! Just one of thoses very random things it was. The safety thing was good since I also got run into by a car just two days before this but no worrys my bike is fine..
The ride itself was 10Km and took us about 1 1/2 hours to complete around the London city and I have know idea how many people were watching us do this. It was just after the Queens Birthday parade so thousands and thousands of ppl were lining the streets and plus it was Saturday afternoon on a sunny day so ppl all over the place. No one was expecting it and the look on there faces a 3000 odd ppl wrode past nude was very funny! There a heaps of videos on You Tube if anyone would like to see how many ppl did it, quite alot! Just type in London bike nude 2008 and things will come up. Not to sure if I m there though oh well! What was it like? Well ever had the dream of turning up to school naked? Well like that but on a much bigger scale and to tell ya the truth it wasn't that bad!

Other things I have been up to... Done several weekend trips away over the past few weeks.

Cardiff was first and it turned out when I was there
CanterburyCanterburyCanterbury

St Augustine's Abbey remains
that the FA Cup was on and Cardiff City were playing in it, like the AFL GF back home but with all the soccer teams in the UK involved, and it was the first time in 80 odd years they had made it! So it was a massive time to be in Cardiff and all the pubs were totally full by 10am waiting for the game to begin. Had a great day and night, very late though of course! I have now been to Cardiff twice and not seen any sights, terrible!

I also did a day trip to Hampton Court Palace with a couple of friends from back in Tassie and this was a massive place! Not to good that I couldn't take photos inside though cause that was the best part of course. The amount of guns, swords and armor hanging around in decoration was awsome. This is the home of Henry VIII, William III and Mary II and they lived a very nice life! The gardens outside were great and it was a hot and sunny day so nice to relax a little laying around there.

Another thing I did that was quite interesting was the Pangea day. It is a movie festival live in six locations around the world, Cairo, Kigali, London, Los Angeles, Mumbai, and Rio de Janeiro and during the night they showed 20 odd short movies selected from millions from all over the world by just normal ppl. It was a great night and alot of the topics that was talked about was world peace, one guy who spoke was from Israil and his sister and mother were shot only 3 hours before this whilst they were protesting about the fighting on the Israil and Palastine border! That blew me away hearing someone still trying to get his point across even though some family members were near killed a few hours ago. It was a very interesting night and the movies fantastic.

Last weekend I went to Bath and what a fantastic city that is! All the buildings are still the old Roman style and it survived the war intact which is fantastic. Did the usual tour thing and was very interesting and of couse that main attraction here is the Roman Baths but I didn't get to go and have a look since it is about 50 Aus even
CardiffCardiffCardiff

Big night
to have a look at the water! Bloody rip off it was! But still and beatufil old city and no wonder it is packed wih tourists all the time! Could ramble on for ages about that place but will bore ya but I had a great nigh out there! Ended up meeting a dude from India who is a diamond dealer millionare and some how Pippa (my host) and I ended up at his place to 7am plus some other rich people and one was a internatioal DJ so that was pretty cool. I just hung out next to the bar fridge for most of the time though before falling asleep next to it.

Ummm Canterbury was another city I went and visited and the main attraction here for me was the St Augustine's Abbey and this is where Christianity was introduced to England in AD 597. It is hard to imagine back then Saint Auguestine trecking all the way from Rome unders orders of the priest to do this task! It is a massive distance to travel back then and took months to get there. The Abbey is now in ruins though but the resting place os Saint
CardiffCardiffCardiff

Crazy night with the hosts
Auguestine is still visable and still today Christians come here to see the grave, i was surprised how many ppl came and visited whilst I was there.
During my stay there in Canturbury I was staying wih a few crazy Estonians and if Eastern Europe is going to be like them it is going to be fun! They eat alot of meat I knew before meeting them but steak for brekki and lunch and a meat buffet for dinner was a little surprising. Also the love of vodka they have, 8am is the usual first for the day when we were getting up and constant during the day. Even when doing the tour of the Abbey they were siging on a bottle like it was nothing. Crazy people they are!

Well other than all that not much else... Just waitingfor next Thursday to roll around and then Crazy man turns up here! Cant wait for that! And on the following Monday we are off on our backpacking trip for a few months. Bull run, Spanish, Portugal and Crotia coast, Scandinavia, Eastern Europe going to be great fun! You will be hearing all about it as we travel along with
CardiffCardiffCardiff

Crazy night
the blogs of course.








Additional photos below
Photos: 48, Displayed: 26


Advertisement

CardiffCardiff
Cardiff

Crazy night
CanterburyCanterbury
Canterbury

This is 8am... Vodka was followed
CanterburyCanterbury
Canterbury

St Augustine's Abbey remains


18th June 2008

Bike ride
i'd burn that bike seat now slug if i were you.
25th June 2008

Wonderful World
Chris, I never imagined how many amazing places you would see, its just incredible to think how much is out there isn't it! Bath is truely magical, when i was there last year it was one of my favorite places, that are down Hope Cove, so many people from OZ visit the UK and never make it down that far, but as you now know, it is the most breathetaking part of England! My partner Tom is from Wedmore which is only round the corner from Bath, we have only been speaking recently of moving there, the photo's you have are almost exact to mine! And also, i can't believe you road naked around London, what a thrill!!! I couldn't imagine you riding naked around Scottsdale, let alone London!, that place is scary enough without you riding around starkers! ha ha! Well i hope you find what you are looking for in this wonderful World. Take Care. Naomi.

Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 10; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0396s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb