Vagabonds+


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Gloucestershire
September 9th 2006
Published: September 13th 2006
Edit Blog Post

With approximately one month until departure I think it is necessary to introduce our trip and ourselves, the 'Vagabonds' or VB's, (as we shall be referred to from this point onwards. Please note a fan of the VB's i.e. you - the fanatical reader, will here on be referred to as 'VB-ites'.'

Firstly the Destinations:

1) USA - San Francisco California.
2) Honolulu - Hawaii
3) Australia
4) New Zealand (Hopefully)
5) Bali
6) Singapore
7) Thailand & maybe other parts of Asia
8) Home

So that is the planned journey. No doubt along the way we will struggle with the possibility of terrorist attacks, crocodiles, komodo dragons, snakes, spiders......But do not fear for us good VB-ite. We have prepared accordingly. No stone has been left unturned.

Now if you ever plan to travel this next section of our blog could be the most important that you could ever read.

How to prepare for DANGER when travelling:

Crocodiles, Spiders & Komodo Dragons: We employed extremely cunning preparation techniques here to groom ourselves both physically and mentally to cope with the world's largest reptile, spider & lizard...Watching Steve Irwin DVD's.

Now you may chuckle to yourself whilst holding your little pot belly, but this is far more gruelling than you might think. We now no longer fear any croc, spider or dragon; the late great Mr Irwin, a man so excitable that he must eat Prozac for breakfast & piss Red Bull has prepared us for the worst. However, after his unfortunate death it is the Sting Rays that has surprisingly leapt to the top of our DANGER list.

Snakes: I am actually too scared of snakes to even hold a slow worm so unfortunately this thwarted the preparations for this danger early on. It seems we will have to solve this problem if and when we encounter a killer snake. (Please note, all 10 of the world's deadliest snakes live in Australia - The Inland Taipan being the deadliest…'What is that i can feel in my pants?')

(At this point a rye smile has draped across my face. Are you, the VB-ites enjoying the build up to this adventure as much as us? Surely by now every one of you has already soiled yourself in eager anticipation of what the next 12 months of adventure and treachery will hold for us. Because of this we will finish our blog here and allow you to re-compose yourselves. The Vagabond's personal descriptions will be updated soon...Until then...

Tune in next time for more shenanigans & adventures with
…Ben & Jackie

Advertisement



Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.044s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb