Quick update!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Essex » Nounsley
October 6th 2007
Published: October 12th 2007
Edit Blog Post

So long since the last blog I realised it was time for an update.

Wayne came back from his Route 66 trip after my last entry, and has been raving about it ever since! It’s nice to have him back home again.

We’ve had a really hectic few weeks. I had lots of evening meetings and also running various training things for work, staff meetings, line management meetings and team meetings have been timed to occur when I needed them least. Wayne has been working such long hours it is really wearing him out. For a brief period he was down to 2 people rather than 5 at work, meaning really long hours.

Saturday 29th September was our Dive club Try Dive. I’d like to say it was a success but really it was a farce. I had work all morning, and seemed to have not a lot of time to relax. So going out and spending and evening in a swimming pool was not top of my list of things to do, and I must say that when only 3 people turned up I was not impressed. It is the worst ever try dive in the history of the branch. We need good attendance to boost membership.

The club had an AGM on October 4th. This meant the committee changed. Wayne and I are still on it however!! We must be glutens for punishment. It’s a good group and hopefully we can share our enthusiasm and get lots more done this year. It was a rush to get there. Wayne’s dad was sent to hospital with a dodgy heart, and we had to take his mum over to visit, drop her home and get to Witham in an hour. We arrived 8 minutes late and were surprised to see the meeting had already started! Wayne was really chuffed to be awarded the Chairman’s Award - well deserved to!!

I spent Friday with Wayne’s mum - shopping in the morning and then visiting Andrew in hospital, we were hoping to take him back home with us but the Pharmacy had other ideas. He was told at 10am he could go home, and it was around 7pm before his tablets materialised and he could leave! We had a lovely evening watching a DVD with Pizza and then hottubbing with our friend Jan.

Saturday was chilled out. We went and bought a chest of draws, which is brilliant as I have officially put everything away. It’s great to have a place for all my stuff. We had games night in the evening where Nisa overfed us all and we then played Guess the Intro. It was a good laugh and a nice change from the busy week.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.253s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 16; qc: 93; dbt: 0.068s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb