Lots and lots of working


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Essex » Feering
October 22nd 2007
Published: November 13th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Wayne and I have both been inundated work wise. He’s been up at 3.30am nearly every day, and I’ve had lots of different bits and pieces - conferences (including one at Homerton College Cambridge), training sessions, discussing funding bids with local authorities, and lots more besides.

I lost my purse which did not help the chaos - bank cards cancelled, and new ones ordered, the postal strike was time to perfection holding the credit card up for ages!!

At the weekends I have started to car shop, after initial perusals think I want a Chrysler PT Cruiser (Wayne also approves!).

On Tuesday 16th I whizzed from the office home and then to the vet, Rosie (Wayne’s 15 year old cat) was very ill. The vet found a lump and was advising she be put down - something neither of us was prepared to do, after discussion we were given antibiotics for her snotty nose and told to come back on Thursday to see how she was.

This made the evening rather sad, as the cat was not moving and not eating a lot, by Wednesday she had started to pick up and was alert and responding to people and her appetite appeared to have returned. Rosie who has been an outside cat all her life has adapted quickly to being a lady of leisure sleeping by the radiator!

Thursday was a real rush - I went from a conference in Great Chesterford to home just in time to go back to the vet. Different vet- different opinion, we decided to see how the cat went. Had a blood test done which showed she has liver cancer, and discussed options to make her comfortable. An injection perked her up a lot, and she is back to eating like a pig!! Went to Hockley for their Parish Plan launch event, the great and good were out in force.

We cheered up a lot at the good news for the cat so decided last minute to go out on Friday night to Escape. Jan and her friend Dom had asked if we wanted to go, and Katherine had to be invited as she loves Escape, Kate text to see what we were up to and joined us. It was a good fun night, and I was glad we went as it had been a long time since we’d been out for a boogie!!

Saturday and Sunday more serious car shopping and relaxing was required! A visit to the gym for a swim on Sunday ended the weekend well, although it initially appeared to cure my sniffles by Monday they were back with ammunition, lots of cold pills required I think!!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.475s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 17; qc: 84; dbt: 0.2877s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb