Back to 1066 AD


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » East Sussex » Hastings
June 15th 2012
Published: June 23rd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 50.8553, 0.572476

The old town of Hastings has lot to offer with magnificent tea shops quirky shops; two funiculars; fishmongers, fishermen galore; a miniature railway. During summer all the shops open and the place livens up with various amusements for the children, fish and chips shops and restaurants catering for all cuisines, providing a good seaside experience.

Hastings offers two cliff railways, West cliff and East Cliff. The west cliff railway at the end of George Street is the one to castle ruins, smugglers caves and Cafe with fantastic view of the town and the Beachy head.
The East hill cliff railway with access to County Park has the stunning views of the old town from the top; The East cliff railway has been dug from the cliff and can be seen, the old railway has been restored and it is great transport to reach the steep top for only £2.50 return. A definite must if you are visiting Hastings.

We took a train from Eastbourne to Hastings and we went on the East Cliff railway where we had a picnic on one of the benches looking at the views of old town, there is ice cream van there
in case you fancy an ice cream. After our picnic we went for a big walk, then we took the West cliff railway and visited the castle ruins which has so much history, the views from the cliff were magnificent as well.

We also took a stroll on the beach, ate some chips and had a drink at the pub for the road before heading to the Hastings Station for our journey to London Victoria. We had brilliant time and we were blessed with sunny weather. I do like visiting Hastings and going up the funicular railway to see the spectacular view of Hastings.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.351s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.3219s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb