Macmillan Cancer Support


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » East Sussex » Eastbourne
June 7th 2008
Published: June 7th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hi all,

As most of you know we are raising sponsorship for Macmillan Cancer Support through our participation in the ARC (Trans-atlantic Rally for Cruisers) onboard Libertad in November 2008.

I will email you all a sponsorship form asap, so please get friends / family / strangers to sponsor us on this passage and try and raise as much money as possible for the charity.

Any questions or queries about the ARC or sponsorship, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards,

Paul.



Advertisement



19th June 2008

Ready to sail
June 19th 2008 LIBERTAD Hi,After more than a year in preparation I think Libertad is ready to sail.The list of jobs to be done is finally getting shorter.With more than one and a half tons of fuel and water in the tanks she is sitting low on her waterline, thats before food and crew. The Iridium sat phone will be live from the 1st July.Our sponsorhip for Macmillan has been given a good start by a donation of £100:00 from the Sovereign Harbour Yacht Club,many thanks for that.I do hope that your sponsorship forms are filling up.All donations can be made to any crew member or myself via a pledge on this blog site. The crew for the first leg to La Coruna,Bayona will be onboard from the 19th July and will be myself,Bob Jeffery (mate) Jake Howell, Martin Ward and Phil Evans.The second leg to to Las Palmas via Maderia will see Phil and Martin leaving us and Nick Edwards joining.We hope to arrive in Las Palmas by the begining of September. Best wishes Paul Huntley.

Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0359s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb