Weird weekend


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » East Sussex » Eastbourne
September 2nd 2007
Published: September 2nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Well, what a weird weekend.

After working for only 3 days a week I felt a break was needed so took Friday off.

It was my old school pal Kesh's 25th Birthday so I headed to Brighton to help with the celebrations. Tamsin, Kesh and I met at Kesh's flat. Very Brighton studentesk (lots of stuff everywhere! and arty!).

After a chat we headed to town to 'bumble round'. We discovered some interesting facial hair, and then learnt it was to be the International Moustache and Beard Championship final the next day! Wow!! We had a drink and browsed the shops before getting BBQ stuff and heading to the beach.

We chilled out on the pebbles by the West Pier. A weirdo joined us (who wasnt invited) after moaning about our BBQ smoke, he stayed long enough to scrownge a sausage, swear at Tamsin and annoy most of us. Kesh had lots of bubbley champaign and decided to swim (mad fool!). We were then joined by other strangers with big facial hair who were lovely. Some naked cyclists passed by in the sea (strange!) and by 8.30pm it was getting colder so I headed off, and the gang packed up to go shower and hit the town.

I couldnt stay as had to drive to Eastbourne to meet my mum and Grandma at a hotel (Indian run Fawlty Towers!). I got there at 9.30pm and we had an early night.

Breakfast at 8am was alright. We drove down in my mums car to the Waterfront and marina. Had some hot drinks with Aunty Mary and Pappy before Claire and David arrived. We then went to our boat.

We headed out to near Beachey Head, where we slowed down and Grandma dropped Grandpa's ashes over the back of the boat. After a minutes silence we headed back in. Despite the obvious saddness, we all had a good time chatting and enjoying being at sea. We got in later than predicted at 2.30pm, which was too late for the planned Thia Lunch. We had a lovely Italian instead - all of us had a main and pudding. Finishing at 4.30pm we were full and ready to go. Everyone headed home except for Mummy, Grandma and me. We drove to Beachey head to look at the views and then took a tour of the countryside seeing the Long Man (who looked like he was skiing) and a modern chalk horse. We got back in at 7.30pm, got Grandma a sandwich as she was ready to rest and Mummy and I went to the front. We walked down the Pier, climbed the top and looked at views before slowly walking back through various streets and listening to 2 minutes of old people playing Rock and Roll in the band stand. We got in and chatted into the night. Breakfast at 8 the next day and I headed home for some normality.

Wayne spent the weekend in the Farne Islands, and I am now home alone 😞 Look forward to seeing him again on Monday!


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

The Long ManThe Long Man
The Long Man

Has he lost the skis or the poles?


Tot: 0.525s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 19; qc: 96; dbt: 0.2166s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb