Pebbles and Coves


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Dorset
June 26th 2018
Published: July 30th 2018
Edit Blog Post

My memories of Durdle Door and Lulworth cove were vivid and for some reason I had it fixed in my head that both had sandy beaches, how wrong was I. We took the steep path down to Durdle Door enjoying the impressive scenery as we went. Eventually when we reached the beach we found the entire beach to be pebbles. It was quite a painful walk across the pebbles, had we known we would have brought our water shoes. We found a spot to park ourselves and gingerly walked across the stones down to the water, it was cold but crystal clear, certainly not for swimming although it didn't stop some hard core punters taking a dip. We sat for a while on the beach, surprisingly for mid week and June it was quite busy.

Around lunchtime we ventured back up the steep hill to our campervan for some lunch. In the afternoon we took the coast path in the other direction and walked to Lulworth Cove. The cove itself is not as pretty as Durdle Door, the beach is more rugged with a mix of dark sand and stones with a fair bit of seaweed hanging around the coastal surf. The village was quite pretty, we stopped for an icecream at one point and purchased some fudge from a shop before the long walk back up the hill to our campsite.

It had been a great day with wonderful weather, scenery and stunning coastline.


Additional photos below
Photos: 31, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.152s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 13; qc: 30; dbt: 0.1067s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb