Scary ride


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Dorset » Lyme Regis
June 27th 2018
Published: October 11th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Leaving behind the beauty of Lulworth Cove we keep heading west towards Cornwall and stop in the seaside town of Lyme Regis. The town is your typical seaside town, it even has the buntings zig zagging the high street! We first strolled down to the seafront which was mostly a rock plateau. We followed the foot path along the waters edge until we reached the start of the high street and the pebbled beach. The town is pleasant and has many bakeries, ice cream parlours, pubs and gift shops, its what you expect from a British seaside resort town.

We looped our away around the quaint back streets, one of which was very pretty with a little stream running parallel to the lane we walked up. Eventually our wanderings brought us back to our motor home via a supermarket.

The next part of our drive was the scariest yet as we drove to our night's camp at Slapton Sands in Devon. It was fine while following the highway but the road we would normally take was closed due to a wash out so we had to come in via a different route. I had spent years driving tiny B roads living in Shropshire and Vaughan had got used to them on his visits to the UK but on those occasions we had a car, now we were in something the size of a small bus! Winding our way through the tiny lanes and around tight villages corners took a few years off us, who the hell puts a camp ground in a place where you have to take your life into your hands to get there! We were warned by the camp ground not to drive through the village of Slapton, when we visited the village the next day we perfectly understood! We were totally relieved to reach the camp ground without loosing a mirror.. oh wait we still have to leave in a couple of days!


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0536s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb