Corfe Castle to Swanage


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Dorset » Swanage
October 9th 2017
Published: October 10th 2017
Edit Blog Post

After a lovely full English breakfast, we walked across the road to St Michael’s church. The graveyard there had the grave of Alice Hargreaves, who was the Alice in the Alice in Wonderland story written by C. S. Lewis. After a walk along the high street, we checked out and set off to Corfe Castle.

Corfe Castle is a ruined medieval castle, set on the top of a hill. You can either catch a steam train to it or drive into the village of Corfe. The village has all old style houses with slate or thatched roofs and local stone.

We had a late lunch in the Bankes Arms Hotel in the village and then drove to Swanage, where we will be staying for the next 2 nights. On the way, there was a very scenic viewing point, so we both stopped there to have a look at the coastline in the distance.

Our hotel room is beautifully decorated with a balcony that has panoramic 180 degree views over the sea, with the Isle of Wight in the distance. We had a quiet drink in the lounge area and then dinner in the hotel restaurant.



Pines Hotel Swanage Dorset



http://www.pineshotel.co.uk/


Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



10th October 2017

Corfe
What a beautiful village - don't you just live the little English villages? I wished I was there with you xxx
10th October 2017

Viewing photos
There is nothing like being enveloped in history. Soak it up and enjoy.

Tot: 0.152s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 14; qc: 64; dbt: 0.0697s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb