Swanage


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Dorset » Swanage
October 10th 2017
Published: October 11th 2017
Edit Blog Post

After cooked breakfasts (Eggs Benedict for me), we decided a nice walk along the seafront was in order. The road is downhill so it was an easy walk down and we walked along the beach, looking at the changing cabins and the bay and boats. Along the rock wall, the water was crystal clear and there were large fish floating in a couple of feet of water below. The irony was that there were fisherman fishing along the pier when these big fish were right under your nose on the promenade…. Probably mullet though and not as appealing to eat.

We came to the pier and had a cup of tea at the café at the start of it and then continued along the pier to the end, where we chatted to a few fisherman. They were after mackerel but only catching a few garfish, so it wasn’t a successful day for them.

Back at the start of the pier was a fun photo board, with painted people and holes for heads so we stopped and asked someone to take our photo.

At the far headland, there is a renovated castle called Durlston Castle which is now a tea room and information centre. As it was a steep hill, we caught a taxi there and had lunch inside overlooking the grey sea. It was quite windy and about 16 degrees so inside seemed the sensible option.



We walked back down the steep hill into town and through some shops before getting a taxi back to our hotel for a pot of tea and a sit down for the rest of the afternoon.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



11th October 2017

Viewing photos
Great shots as always. Love the surf.

Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 11; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0431s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb