Guy Fawkes + Exeter, Yeovil and Bristol


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Devon
November 17th 2005
Published: November 21st 2005
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

London to Exeter, Yeovil and Bristol


Guy Fawkes @ Primrose HillGuy Fawkes @ Primrose HillGuy Fawkes @ Primrose Hill

From the left: Kristen, Michelle, Edley, Timmy, Me and Greer.
Matt:

Just a quick note to you give you all an update of our travels so far...

The weekend before last was Guy Fawkes night; the one night of the year when otherwise normal, law abiding Brits get the urge to head for the nearest local park and try to systematically blow themselves up.

Apparently the tradition started 400 years ago when Mr Fawkes - an Irish pyromaniac - tried to blow up the Houses of Parliament…

In celebration, Ed and I headed down to Primrose Hill (which is a local park on a hill from where can see the whole city) with Greer, Timmy, Kate, Kristen, Michelle, eight bottles of wine and some cheese. It was pretty amazing - the whole city was literally exploding around us!

All was going well until a few locals (probably Irish pyromaniacs) decided that it would be fun to blow up other people as well as themselves… We made a cautious exit on our stomachs (it was like our own private Sarajevo) and headed for the Railway Hotel at West Hampstead for some good, clean, flame-retardant fun.

I’m actually working in Bristol at the moment… My only client
Ed and KrisEd and KrisEd and Kris

At the Railway after we made it out of Primrose Hill alive
for the next five months is a large construction contractor who has 37 offices all over the UK. This means that I get to spend the next five months touring such little known hotspots as Exeter, Sheffield, Teeside, Grimsby and Yeovil! Woohoo! I guess at the very least I get to see most bits of the UK that don’t appear in your average guidebook, all courtesy of KPMG…

Spoke to Ed earlier. He’s stalking Madonna tonight at the UK launch of her new album - which incidentally is pretty awesome! I swear by the end of this trip he’s going to find himself with a restraining order from Madge herself!

Anywho - hope you’re all well…


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

YeovilYeovil
Yeovil

That's about it people...
YeovilYeovil
Yeovil

...apart from a cute bridge...
YeovilYeovil
Yeovil

...and some goats
Madonna launchMadonna launch
Madonna launch

I have two words for Ed... Restraining Order


Tot: 0.144s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 78; dbt: 0.0935s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb