Sheryl Crow concert


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » Richmond
November 4th 2005
Published: November 22nd 2005
Edit Blog Post

Matt:

Ed and I went to see Sheryl Crow at the Apollo in Hammersmith last night.

Now I’ve been to a few concerts it my time, and rarely did the support act come close to upstaging the headliner, but last night Nerina Pallot - a local act - came pretty close. She was just a lone woman with questionable sexuality and a guitar on a stage in a plain skirt (Christopher, your ovaries would be aching), but she had the most amazing voice and such a natural way with the crowd. Not sure if you can get her album outside the UK yet, but if you can - buy, buy, buy!

Sheryl was (of course) great. She sang a heap of old stuff - Soak Up The Sun, All I Wanna Do, If It Makes You Happy etc etc - along with a few tracks off her new album. She looked pretty amazing too considering she’s 43, though I’m not sure how much of her is the original model…

I guess that’s one of the great things about living in London. You pick up the newspaper and there is someone decent playing pretty much every night… That combined with the musicals, plays, galleries, museums, palaces and revues is enough to send any thespian cum muso cum bohemian into raptures… Hopefully we'll be able to see a few of the acts that we've been waiting for years to come to Australia while we're here!

Advertisement



23rd November 2005

Shhheryyyyyyyylllllllllllllllllllll!
Oh how I love a woman with nought but a guitar and a chip on her shoulder.

Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 18; qc: 75; dbt: 0.0658s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb