TMW - Batsworthy to Morchad Bishop


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Devon
April 16th 2022
Published: April 16th 2022
Edit Blog Post

Having walked a little more than planned yesterday we figured todays walk would be shorter then planned; and yes, it technically was at 18.65km but it felt like a long one today. Maybe it was the smaller dinner (camp cooked a dried food bag), or the hotter day (sun was lovely but definitely heated things up quickly), the little hot spots on our feet that are wanting to and beginning to turn into blisters, or just that it was now our fourth day walking consecutively (most we’ve done) but we are definitely feeling it tonight.

Having said that, it was also an interesting walk with many friendly locals asking us questions and being supportive, finding a veggie cafe in our current favourite village so far (Witheridge), chatting to a dad and his 11year old son also doing the two moors way (northbound; apparently we are Sobos- southbound) and also…saving a newborn lamb. Yes, you read that right. We came across the little lamb (no Mary) stuck between a hedge row and a fence so, with some pulling and lifting, managed to get him out. He was then bleating his little heart out so, after Paul caught him, we placed him back on the right side and watched but still no mum. Luckily enough, the farmer then turned up so we waved him over and explained. He thanked us and took the lamb to his mum to live for another day (for now).

Tired & achey, we’re appreciative of it being a bnb night (Watcombe Farm; a working farm who only rents out her spare rooms to walkers and gives free lift between morchad bishop and her farm) with a pub near by that we entered hungry and left stuffed (The London Inn; only one veggie option but was massive and tastey).

Feeling very full and still achey it must be bed time. Another longish one tomorrow and then we’ll be half way!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.127s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0608s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb