Walk to Dartington Hall


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Devon » Totnes
April 13th 2011
Published: April 29th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Dartington HallDartington HallDartington Hall

The arts started between the wars. The courses appear to have stopped.

Dartington Hall


We walked to Dartington Hall by way of the riverside footpath. The grounds were very interesting with friendly robins and sculptures.
We went to have a look at the retail opportunity, but mainly high class stuff with very little local input beyond the obligatory arts.

Totnes


Went back to Totnes town in the rain to finish off where we got to at closing time the day before.
Totnes certainly outstrips Malvern in interest and weirdness, but not in charity shops.

Session (English unaccompanied)


The Albert was very close to the campsite and we did't even have to cross the river.
The pub brews its own beer and had interecting characters. One was a German with a motorbike he worked on his room. He had recently discovered his landlady was a witch. We do live such boring lives.
The guy running the session was an interesting character who reminded me of a pirate (something about waders and a felt hat with a feather). He was a fine singer and told us about a Welsh Bar in New Zealand if we ever happened to be in Christchurch. There was another guy who reminded us of Tom Bliss, he knew his stuff and was trying to obtain Kindles for the local performing poets. The other two singers were just starting out, I supose I'll get used to words on mobvile phones.
An interesting evening.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

StatueStatue
Statue

Cloned out bird mess could have been done better.


Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0412s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb