South Devon Railway


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Devon » Buckfastleigh
April 14th 2011
Published: April 29th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Railway Trip


Lovely trip on a sunny day. The railway has been preserved for many years and was known as the Dart Valley Railway. The railway was initially a commercial concern. Later they took on the Paignton Kingswear line when BR decided to close it. The commercial concern concentrated on the new line and have now fully given control of the original railway to the South Devon Railway.

Totnes Folk Club (Paul Downes)


We had a meal at an ethicy cafe. We were slightly surprised when a lady with her dog on a bit of string was allowed to dine. It is hard to discover yourself while you are still tethered by your mobile phone. I'm sure dogs look after their mistresses. Food was good and different.
We arrived in good time and Julia was given a spot. They eneded up in very short supply as Mick Ryan (for whom Paul plays now) arrived with Paul and was naturally given a couple of extended slots. There was a good family trio.
Paul played a very good set and seemed relaxed. Nice to have music without equipment getting in the way.
Favourite joke about Totnes (though originally based on Holmfirth), there has been a bad traffic accident. A crowd gathers around the victim on the ground. A voice from the back " Let me through, I'm an aroma therapist".


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement



Tot: 0.146s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 54; dbt: 0.099s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb