Day 9 - Travel to Plymouth


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Devon » Plymouth
June 21st 2008
Published: July 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Another morning flight but a short trip to the airport to return the hire car and after a bit of drama around which terminal we were flying from we were off to Plymouth. A short flight with Air South West who are a local airline based out of Plymouth. The flight was less than 2 hours and we touched down in Bristol to drop off and pick up a few other passengers and we were off again. We have previously done the five hour drive to Plymouth to this was certainly the favoured option to travel the Australian way by flying if at all possible.

This was a Saturday so we just spent the day settling and seeing some of Jo's family. We had a great dinner at Yealmpton with some of Jo's old school friends. There was plenty reminiscing though much of it was lost on me. There was great speculation that one of their old school colleagues had made the final of the prestigious 'Face of Plymouth' competition, though we never managed to confirm this. The kids attended a soccer presentation this evening with their cousins but overall it was a relief just to relax a bit having had the hectic couple of days in Manchester.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.039s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb