In a daze in Devon


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Devon » Plymouth
November 5th 2007
Published: November 5th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We have been in Devon for nearly a week now and Morocco seems like a dream - were we really there?

When we first started planning our trip (a lifetime ago) the the main focus was the wedding of my niece Rebecca on November 3rd (Happy Birthday Chris). Spain and Morocco were the warm up. Mind you, we saw and did so much during that portion of our travels that life seems positively sleepy right now. We have been so used to getting up early, unpacking, packing and getting ready to "hit the road" that it seems strange to be in one spot. Honestly, there were times during the last few weeks when I would wake up in the middle of the dark night thinking "now where is the bathroom?"

Of course we have had a completey change of scenery. Rolling hills with neat and tidy lush green fields and the wonderful moors which have a special beauty all of their own. So far so good with the weather - not a drop of rain in sight. We hope to get a couple of good long walks in before we leave.

The first few days spent here with
A local resident - Princeton,DartmoorA local resident - Princeton,DartmoorA local resident - Princeton,Dartmoor

No, this one did not escape from the infamous Princeton Prison.
Paul and Pauline were all about getting ready for the big day which was, of course, fabulous. I will save all the details for our return. As you all well know, the wedding day comes and goes all too soon. Now we have to rely on memories and photos.

The wedding took place in a beautiful stately home the otherside of Dartmoor, so we were lucky enough to enjoy a very scenic drive across the moors. Pauline and I in the Jag - Paul (driving) and Don (sidekick) in a white panel van loaded with supplies and food!

All the Christmas stuff is in the stores so we are trying to squeeze in a little shopping. Marks and Spencers has really improved and has some great cloths - need I say more??

We will head to Oxford on Saturday, although we have not finalized the logistics of that journey yet. We may go via Bath (somewhere Don has not been).

Cheerio for now - more from Oxford next week.







Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Happy Birthday Chris - this one is for youHappy Birthday Chris - this one is for you
Happy Birthday Chris - this one is for you

This is where we stayed for two nights will attending the wedding


Tot: 0.151s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0838s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb