UK TOUR - DAYS 18-22


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Cumbria » Cockermouth
September 14th 2023
Published: September 14th 2023
Edit Blog Post

Days 18 - 22

Monday was another day of touring in Cornwall, Andy taking us to Land's End, the most Westerly point in UK. A very dramatic landscape out over the ocean, dolphins in the bay below and plenty of sightseers today.

Something I will mention at this point, is the amount of dogs in the UK. Owners are allowed to take their dogs into pretty much any shop, cafes, restaurants, Taverns....basically anywhere. And they do, you can end up sitting next to a table of 3 humans and 2 dogs in any eating establishment. As most of you will know, Ange & I love dogs, but I don't necessarily agree with taking the pooches into eating venues.

We left Pat & Andy on Tuesday and headed for Yorkshire Dales & Lake District in Cumbria. After a night in Rugeley we made it to the great little village of Ashbourne, then onto Bakewell, famous for Bakewell Pies & Cakes. Up to Peak District NP, a nightmare of a drive on the M6 to Burnley for the night. Today we headed to Skipton Castle for our first stop, then onto Kettlewell & Hawes through Yorkshire Dales NP, before driving through some great country lanes and into Levens Hall & Gardens for a tour. Absolutely magnificent home and gardens in the Lake District.

From here we wound our way through the Lake District villages of Windermere, Ambleside & the beautiful Keswick before overnighting in Cockermouth tonight.


Additional photos below
Photos: 33, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



14th September 2023

👌👍
You guys sure get around. You have probably seen more of the uk than us, and we were born there !!!!!!! Hope your back is better Perry.

Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 14; qc: 30; dbt: 0.029s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb