Ferry across the Mersey


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Cumbria » Barrow-in-Furness
September 7th 2007
Published: September 15th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hi Guys. Having repaired my gear cable I set off from Chester along the Wirral Peninsula towards Liverpool. Again I was amazed at how beautiful some of the locations are in and around the city. In particular on the Wirral one becomes instantly aware why so many footballers live there.

The best thing about crossing the Mersey is that the Ferry plays "Ferry across the Mersey" when you disembark. Superb.

A brief stop in Blackpool I just simply had to ride the "Big One". It is the biggest and fastest roller coaster in Europe and it certainly deserves that reputation. Wicked.

Blackpool whilst a typical British Seaside resort has a certain charm to it with trams travellling up and down the High Street and Blackpool Tower of course. The illuminations no doubt have an impact on the environment (there are literally thousands of light bulbs) but then so do a lot of other things.

From Blackpool I headed north to Barrow-in-Furness where I passed the shipyard and saw what looked remarkably similar ships to the Royal Navy's Type 23s. North of Barrow-in-Furness my chain snapped so I was further delayed having to get a new chain and cassette. What else could possibly go wrong?


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

The Big OneThe Big One
The Big One

£8 a ride and worth every penny of it!
Barrow-in-FurnessBarrow-in-Furness
Barrow-in-Furness

Look remarkably like Type 23s


Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 14; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0295s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb