2nd Day in the Lakes District


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Cumbria » Ambleside
April 17th 2011
Published: April 17th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We were fortunate enough to wake to another beautiful day in the Lakes District.
Today we purchased a "Walkers Ticket"
Our trip began at Ambleside where we boarded the 10am ferry across to view the Wray Castle. We had a lovely walk up and around this majestic castle. The fields surrounding the castle were very green and laced with sheep and lambs. From here it was a 2hour walk around the shores of the Windemere Lake, taking in the beautiful views and taking lots of photos along the way.
We arrived at the Ferry House at about 1pm and boarded the Ferry to Bowness. After a very pleasant ferry ride we arrived at Bowness and I was amazed at the number of white swans which lined the waters edge as we approached the jetty. We walked up to a lovely cafe for lunch and spent a couple of hours exploring this busy little town. There were a lot of people about today.
We then boarded the 3pm ferry for Ambleside. The sun was shining and it was a lovely warm trip back to Ambleside. Steve and I then went to Hayes Nursery and spent some time looking at all the plants
Wray CastleWray CastleWray Castle

Magnificent
and wares that they had for sale. This nursery was huge.
We then returned to the cottage for a well deserved rest before going out to Dodd's Restaurant for a Pizza tea (yes Robyn and Leigh, we were thinking of you!!)
Another very relaxing, interesting and full day. Wonderful.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Dinner at Dodds 003Dinner at Dodds 003
Dinner at Dodds 003

thinking of Robyn and Leigh


18th April 2011

I love the castle
and the walking sounds good too - I am jealous........ and fancy the Dodd's having a restaurant in the Lake District!!
18th April 2011

holiday
Finally, my computer is up and running properly and emails fixed. It is wonderful reading your blog. Such packed days. Just to let you know that the girls are doing well. Rick is with them at the moment and we will be down there for Easter. Love to you all in Wales.
18th April 2011

Looks great, glad your having a ball!
18th April 2011

Enjoying the tour, glad the weather is holding good for you both

Tot: 0.183s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 73; dbt: 0.1143s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb