Lakes District to Carries


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Cumbria » Windermere
April 18th 2011
Published: April 21st 2011
Edit Blog Post

001001001

Brekky at Cherry Garth Cottage
Hi all,
This morning, after a lovely breakfast at Cherry Garth Cottage, we drove to the Lakeland Motor Museum so as Steve and Alex could have a look at the famous 'bluebird'. The Bluebird boat and car set land and water speed records and were driven by Donald Campbell.
While the boys poked about at the museum, Carrie and I went for a nice long walk along the river and into the nearby town.
We then said goodbye to the Lakes District and drove to Chester to pick up our hire car. Chester is an amazing city. In the centre of the city is a stohe wall that used to surround the original city. We walked the length of the wall (2 miles, I think).
We then drove to Uncle Roy and Aunty Gwen's (Meiford) for a wonderful buffet dinner. They had invited Uncle Frank, Aunty Margaret, Cousin Martin and his wife Vicki and their twin girls, Sarah and Jennifer to dinner. We had a fabulous time. Cousin Martin and his family and Uncle Frank and Aunty Margaret are lovely people. We really enjoyed their company.
Linda, Aunty Gwen's housekeeper, had prepared and put the buffet together, it was all delicious.
Today was another great day, and my rellies are wonderful.
We spent the night at Carrie's. Thankyou Carrie.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

020020
020

Home of the Bluebird
062062
062

Chester City Wall
065065
065

The bustling city, photo taken from the Wall
066066
066

I found a Roman Soldier. I am sure Uncle George is thinking "Lucky Sue"!!
075075
075

This is the first wild squirrel I have seen
008008
008

My Lovely family
010010
010

What a great looking family!!
018018
018

The dishwasher king!!


21st April 2011

Lovely photo's
of your travels and of the rellies (some of whom I have not seen for ?how many? years. They all look in good shape. As for the Roman soldier, Sue : what I actually thought was how lucky HE was. ( but then I guess he did not really appreciate the honour!?)
22nd April 2011

You are very lucky
to have such a wonderful family over in the uk......nearly as good as the family in nz!! Ha Ha. Thank you for your lovely blog today - it's nice to see a picture of you all.
22nd April 2011

I laughed
when I read your comment about the Roman Soldier, Uncle George. Yes, he did not know that he was a lucky man to run into a lovely Aussie girl. LOL x
24th April 2011

hahaha
Hi, Hahaha you didnt even make two weeks and you found a dishwasher. I hope you packed it neatly lol

Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0495s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb