India Postponed


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Cornwall
November 29th 2008
Published: November 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We are going to postpone our trip to India. In light of what has happened in Mumbai we have had a long discussion about recent events. We spent all day yesterday deciding whether to go ahead or not, especially because of where we were intending to travel ie the North, West & Mumbai ....and up by Pakistan border.

We are so shocked, saddened and worried by what has happened to Mumbai and have been glued to the news following these horrific events and cannot believe to what depths these terrorists have gone to this time. It seems they have stepped up to a very different level of terrorism and has unfortunately affected our decision to go now.

The bombs in Jaipur in May and other attacks in Delhi and Gujarat during September almost stopped us, but we decided to go ahead.
This attack in Mumbai has put a new fear into us, we were due to be at the Taj hotel in January, our friends live nearby, we have spent many happy hours there eating and talking.

We were due to leave here on Sunday for Delhi then Jaipur and eventually Mumbai and feel very concerned it would be an unnecessary risk to visit India this time, this is the 8th and worst terrorist attack India has had this year and all in the places we were going to visit. The Foreign Office has advised against all travel to Mumbai and to think very hard before coming to India for the time being.
We are very very sad we are not going and for India and its people, but we do have a choice. So, until we see how things develop we are putting our plans on hold, we love India and enjoy our trips very much and hope that it will not be long before we have the confidence to return.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.221s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 19; qc: 79; dbt: 0.1568s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb