The Last goodbye's to the Cornish!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Cornwall » Polperro
September 22nd 2009
Published: September 22nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Dry run/goodby's to Cornwall

P1: Mum & Dig's P2: Caz & Murry's P3:Dad & Denise's P4: Sarah, Patrick, Millie, Mikey & Nancy's

The Cornish Send off/Dry run!!



Well it is nearly time! Less than 3 weeks to go before we are off on our way around the world! This weekend was about saying goodbye to the Cornish contingent and a great time for a bit of a dry run!

We started the trip with a run down to Charlotte's Mum's house and an overnight so Liam could meet Digory & Nan. All went well with a lovely home cooked meal of Chicken Tarragon & home grown Vegetables.

After a good night sleep and a home cooked fry up (thanks mum) we were ready to tackle Bodmin Moor! Charlotte showed Liam the sights including a home grown walking tour of Ben Gumm's cave, the Cheesewring, Gold diggings, the Donkey pool & the Hurlers. Which Liam managed to practically run around, whilst Charlotte wheezed along behind. But the reward was a nice Ale at the highest(998 ft above sea level) pub in Cornwall (minions).

On to Sibblyback Lake for a proper Cornish Cream Tea with Nan, before heading off to Caroline & Murry's house for a lasagne which to our surprise was made with Quorn!

This weekend in Plymouth is freshers week which involved a lot of pub's with pub games and the likes! We popped up to Boomerang's on Mutley Plain to see Ellie who was helping out a friend there, beach party was the theme of the day & I believe that a wet t-shirt competition was the end result! Although thankfully we had moved on by then! We ended the night at Cuba which had a red devils theme and involved Charlotte getting up with the students (after much arm twisting!) and table dancing and although the pole was there she did not get a look in! Charlotte rushed off the table as the DJ made the call that anyone getting there boob's out would get a free bottle of Champagne! There were a couple of takers and Liam eagerly described to Andy (Murry's Brother) what was occurring!

After a lazy start (while Murry was swimming & Caroline wedding dress shopping) we got taken to the best breakfast cafe in Plymouth Montey's on the Barbican for blue cheese & bacon scrambled eggs on toast and a wonder over the Hoe.

I quick look around Drake Circus and the purchase of an outfit for the leaving do next week and we are away to Dad's for his 60th Birthday slap up meal at Couches in Polperro.

As a treat Richard managed to pull a fantastic taster menu out of the bag for us on a busy Saturday night. Seven courses of the best food in the UK!! Well recommended if you go down to that part of the country. Make sure you book ahead as he is always busy! A pint in the Ship inn and a little wiggle to the local band playing 70's hits (I think we must have been the youngest people there!), before getting the taxi up the hill(or mountain) home.

After many expressions of love for the dogs by Liam & declarations of I want a doggie when we get home! A good nights sleep was had by all.

Another hearty fry up by Denise and we were off again on the Polperro to Looe Coastal walk. Thanks Dad, we did make it in the hour & half that you suggested. Although we took sandwiches for a picnic, we were so full from breakfast that they just sat in the borrowed back pac!

Helen, John & the kids met us at Tom Sawyers on Hannafore afterwards for a well deserved Cider and a quick catch up, then Dad & Denise picked us up and wizzed us back for a hearty carvey that Denise had been slaving over all day. Caroline & Murry arrived just after we got back and we started on the four course delight. Yes the Tomato soup is nearly there, the Lamb was to die for ad we could not fault either the Panna cotta of the turkish delight cheese cake.

After all of that fresh air and good food & drink, I don't think we made it past 9pm, but that was a good nights sleep before the adventures of Monday.

We headed off to find Sarah & Patrick's Tipi holiday park with a sat nav & AA road directions & after 30 min's of searching the lanes our diligents & a little help from a local paid off! It was wonderfull to see the gang again & for Liam to meet all including Millie, Mickey & Nancy who was over from Spain! Millie is now walking and provided hours of entertainment for us all! After lunch we headed out for a tour of the village followed by a dip in the ice cold lake for Liam, Mickey & Patrick, whilst Sarah rowed Charlotte around it. What a beautiful spot!

A bit of grub in the form of Sarah's home made Ratatouille (no Liam the whole of my family is not vegetarian!) and the adventure is over. Back to London & our job's for the next two weeks before the real adventure begins!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 40, Displayed: 25


Advertisement



27th September 2009

Lovely to see you
Well you two, have a lovely time on this trip and we will have the soup perfected by the time you come back! love Denisexx
2nd October 2009

good luck both
finally made it to look at what you have been up to. was lovely seeing you both at sarah's xx

Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0292s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb