Newquay on the 4th Day


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Cornwall » Newquay
October 16th 2022
Published: October 16th 2022
Edit Blog Post

On 22nd September we checked the weather forecast and learned that it might rain in the afternoon. We planned to do the country & coastal walk; I wore raincoat and mark took his umbrella. We took eastwards’ direction from our hotel. Our walking course was started from Narrow Cliff continuing from Cliff Road. We walked past Tolcarne Beach, Lusty Glaza Beach and reached Porth Beach – we saw those beaches from the bus previous day. Porth Beach showed us a number of dramatic features of scenery – a wide variety of coastal wild flowers, different featured rock formations and ancient mounds – and we could see those from different angles throughout the course, e.g. suspension bridge, head of peninsula. We also saw a lot of people surfing and swimming in the sea.

Our walking course included the inland countryside and villages. We accessed from the street of the residential areas from Porth Beach. The country walk contained a number of downhill and uphill paths and we walked along the grazing pasture field – home for Jersey cows. Mark realized that the country walk was a long course and was concerned about where we could have a lunch break. We decided not to continue the country walk but walk to Watergate Bay Beach.

We returned to Porth Beach and had lunch near Porth Beach.

Afterwards, we carried on the coastal trekking course along Whipsiderry Beach towards Watergate Bay. Several people were walking on the same course; some of walkers were bringing their dogs. The coastal walk continually showed us dynamic features of rock formations and a wide variety of wildflowers. I heard some of the local people saying that it would start raining around 4pm. The tide was starting to get higher while we were approaching Watergate Bay. Nevertheless, there were a lot of people surfing and swimming in the sea. We took some rest on the Watergate Beach and saw the father and his daughter trying to make the dam with sand.

We decided to walk back after 3pm. We realized that quite a few fences standing along the course – one of the local people explained to us that some part of the cliff was collapsed and a series of landslide happened on the cliff by the storm a couple of years ago. We appreciated people who have been maintaining nature and lovely footpath along South
Information BoardInformation BoardInformation Board

This information board taught us that there have been a great number of ancient items found along Porth Beach and Watergate Beach.
West of Cornwall. The tide was getting a lot higher and approaching to inland more rapidly when we arrived at Porth Beach in the late afternoon. It started raining walking on the course along Lusty Glaze Beach. We managed to walk in the rain for a little while and came back to the hotel just after 5pm.

We had Indian meal for dinner on 22 September.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0313s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb