CAMBRIDGE


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Cambridgeshire » Cambridge
June 21st 2009
Published: June 21st 2009
Edit Blog Post


The one-day trip we took to Cambridge was lots of fun despite sudden short rain showers and a cloudy sky. We had made a list of things and places we wanted to see before departing and it included the Botanic Garden which once there we decided to skip and of course, punting, which is one of Cambridge's Must-Does. We went round and entered 2 of the many Cambridge Colleges there, Saint John's College and Clare College. Anka and I were really keen on King's College which was unfortunately closed, so we had to settle with taking pictures from outside which was ok in the end. Rented a boat and went punting on River Cam which was a 45 minute relaxing experience. We only wished we had thought to grab a couple of beer cans before setting off, as everyone else punting were in possession of some. We had an experienced punt chauffeur who acted as a guide tour at the same time and seemed to know an awful lot on punting and Cambridge. He did stink though and gave us the feeling he was one of those party-all-night students going to work with a major hangover and a pair of superb sun-glasses to cover it. His punting skills were not in the least diminished but am sure he was very grateful when Michael asked to take over and try some punting himself.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.357s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 18; qc: 76; dbt: 0.0867s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb