A long weekend break


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Cambridgeshire » Cambridge
April 23rd 2007
Published: April 23rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Wayne and StellaWayne and StellaWayne and Stella

At Audley End
I took Friday off from work and after a lovely morning walking the dogs around Hatfield Forest with my mum and her friend I headed back to Nounsley to prepare for a weekend away with Wayne to Cambridge.

We arrived at the University Arms and checked in - very posh looking hotel. Our room was HUGE, it was more like a suite. We had a sitting area, very big bathroom and sleeping area. It was fantastic!

On Friday evening we had tickets for the Theatre, front row seats for Martha, Josie and the Chinese Elvis. We arrived after dinner for the play. It was brilliant, very funny and a lovely way to spend the evening. We saw Jeffery Archer in the interval (well Wayne notice him, I didn’t register at all!)

On Saturday after a big fantastic breakfast with views of Parkers Piece we spent the day wondering around the city, doing some shopping and looking at the colleges. We had salad for lunch and headed back to our room to change before heading out again for ice creams and a long walk stopping at various pubs and bars before finding a fantastic little Italian restaurant where we had a large and delicious 3 course meal.

Sunday we woke and had another big breakfast. We then took a last walk into the town before heading off. We decided to stop at Audley End House and look around on our way back. We had a guided tour of the house and walked around the garden. It was another beautiful day and was a really nice way to spend some of our day. We enjoyed it so much we decided to join English Heritage as joint members (like an old couple!). We headed back home stopping for a late lunch at a pub and visiting my parents in Braintree. In the evening after I had an unplanned nap we went to Wayne’s parents for a chat and then I helped Wayne sort some shirts and things out - vacuum packing stuff is FUN!

It was such a lovely weekend, it felt like we had been away for ages, and we really didn’t want to have to go back to work on Monday!

Still need to do some work before our next adventure!



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.418s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 19; qc: 86; dbt: 0.2279s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb