Charity Fundraising BBQ


Advertisement
Published: September 7th 2011
Edit Blog Post

With a target of £6,000 to raise for our trek we decided to host a fundraising BBQ to bring in some extra cash.

My cricket club agreed to allow us to setup on a game day so we could cook for players and supporters throughout the day. Unfortunately the English weather struck and in poured down all morning and at lunchtime the cricket game was called off. We decided to venture out to Wycombe anyway as the forecast for later in the afternoon was clear and we had numerous people coming so figured we would at least sell a few sausages.

Luck was on our side and after arriving and setting up it didn't rain for the rest of the afternoon. Many of the players and club regulars stuck around for some of the Aussie BBQ and plenty of beers which made for an enjoyable afternoon. Extra thanks to Andrew 'Biggsy' Bigg for allowing us to use his BBQ and BBQ'ing skills!

We also ran a raffle to raise some extra money so many thanks to Leigh Bigg who sorted out the meat tray which was the main prize. She was also in her element in the sales
Marketing and Strategy ManagerMarketing and Strategy ManagerMarketing and Strategy Manager

Leigh priced and promoted meal deals
role ensuring that all the blokes upsized to a mega meal! We also had donations from other family and friends including wine and beer to include into the prize kitty.

The final sum we raised was just over £600 which was an amazing turnover and which was subsequently added to our fundraising total. Thanks to everyone who turned out!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.267s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 19; qc: 86; dbt: 0.1771s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb