Why Travelling is an Essential Part of Life


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Bristol County » Bristol
December 23rd 2013
Published: December 23rd 2013
Edit Blog Post

Humans have always travelled - whether it’s to escape natural disasters, to move with the seasons as hunters or farmers, to explore new lands, to conduct business or to get away from everyday life on vacation.

The world has shrunk, and travel is becoming a reality for more of the world’s population. While our ancestors would venture to the next village on foot and go no further, today we board the latest airliners to travel to the other side of the world. There are many reasons to travel, and so many places to see. And with the first regular space flights for paying passengers soon to start, the sky is no longer the limit.

Broaden your mind: Travel is a great way to experience different cultures, meet new people and share ideas. It allows you to try new activities, speak other languages, go outside your comfort zone, learning fascinating things and remove your preconceptions.

Find a direction: Gap year travel has been popular for many years. If you are unsure about which path to go in life, changing your surroundings, travelling or working somewhere else can offer you ideas and inspiration about careers and other life choices.

Pilgrimage: There are many reasons people go on pilgrimages. Many are for religious reasons - such as the Hajj or the Camino de Santiago de Compostela. Some pilgrimages are for other purposes, like visiting the grave of a family member killed in conflict or tracing ancestors.

A change: A change can be good for you. You may have spent many years going through the motions of commuting to work, sitting at a desk all day, then getting up to do it all again the next morning. Travel presents a great opportunity to leave your worries behind for a while, see new places, try out new things and even make new friends. You’re sure to return refreshed, recharged and full of enthusiasm.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 17; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0484s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb