Normal transmission resuming shortly...


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Berkshire » Windsor
August 30th 2008
Published: August 30th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Well, more or less. It's taken 6 weeks, but I'm finally feeling human again, ie not exhausted at 10 pm every night. Work is beginning to make sense - about time, really. The complete lack of blogs (or communication, for that matter) is entirely due to this imposition on my time and energy, motivated by my compulsive greed. I joke - if I were motivated by greed, I would be doing umm... something where I can make lots of money. Like charge for this blog.
Ahem. That's me for now - I want more music!
Mon is well - she has initiated the purchase of the computer upon which I type this dross, and we are looking for a car. The things we need... Like wireless internet, and cars, and a whole bunch of other stuff that'll decompose way after us...
She is still looking for work, but in a passive kind of way - today completes her 15th week of job-hunting, and so she decided to have some time off and chill out. So of course she received heaps of phone calls and has 3 interviews next week. Makes you wonder why she didn't do this from the start. So
Translucent personTranslucent personTranslucent person

More wiry artwork from the festival
she was in London on Thursday, and in a pub after a walk on Friday with some friends.
Mum and Dad are back after a fairly harrowing time following the death of my granddad, Dad's dad - they're in Spain right now, hopefully soaking up some sunshine (it's an odd expression, that) and lazing about after my cuzzie's wedding.
Notable events - there are none, except we went to Hyde park last weekend and watched the Caribbean steel drums competition, which was loads of fun. This is a rubbish barrel orchestra - or, to be less prosaic, a giant xylophone on a truck. The truck wobbles along to the music, which is alarmingly shambolic but adds to the feel of joyous noisiness.
Our stream of visitors has been complemented by one of the Wilson clan, the only one of a bunch of Kiwis who didn't jump on a plane upon hearing of a relative death. Julian has been acting as a one-man travel agent, scamming flights, train-rides and mules across Romania to exotic destinations for the dented trip.
In short, nothing really new, just a bit of settling for me and a much better week for Mon, who was rather
Giant xylophoneGiant xylophoneGiant xylophone

Brilliant sound from these dudes
down about the whole unemployment thing. We're looking for a car, since my parents' return renders my current commute to work impossible, so we hope to buy an amazing vehicle for about 400 quid. Can't specify why or how it will be amazing, though...
The next instalment of this blog will hopefully include a job and a car - in any order, thank you very much.
Best to all, big hugs






Advertisement



Tot: 0.256s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.045s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb