Stefan Schools Us at Waterfront Wine Festival


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland
October 31st 2013
Published: June 25th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 47.3667, 8.55

Our first ever conversation with our friend Stefan Erni was about wine. The three of us met at the then Riverbend Hot Springs Hostel in Truth or Consequences, NM. It was our winter holiday, and the hostel planned a covered dish Christmas luncheon. Stefan had signed up to bring a 'big bottle of red wine.'

12 ships and boats which usually ply Lake Zurich are moored at Bürkliplatz for an annual Wine Exposition.

Stefan had tickets for the event and suggested we go early to the event before all the people get off from work. Bus and trolley and short walk and we were there. It was on Lake Zurich and it was a lovely walk along the lake to get to the boats.

He buys wine from one of the companies that had a booth, Vinzeno. They go around and find wines from various wineries around Italy and bring them back and market them. It was an interesting experience and of course Stefan helped us in the "proper" way to go about tasting.

Started with the whites, least to most expensive and then the same with the reds. Learned some interesting things along the way. For example, 90%!o(MISSING)f experience is the
smell according to the sommelier then taste swishing it around in our mouth. Tried our hand at proper procedure. It was interesting to watch some of the buyers for their restaurant or wherever trying out the various wines. Oh, you also swirl it around in the glass!

Did not hit any of the other booths and by the time we left the place was really crowded with people. It was a very interesting experience.



Additional photos below
Photos: 31, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0255s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb