Day 15 - Laundry and City Towers


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland
January 16th 2014
Published: June 21st 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 47.0457, 8.30824

Today was to be a slightly lazier day spent wandering around Lucerne. We got up and had another delicious breakfast overlooking the Kapelbrucke. Did I mention the wonderful view from our hotel?

Our next task was laundry. I read on TripAdvisor that there was a service laundry named Jet Wasch. We googled it and discovered it was at Bruchstrasse 28, the other side of the River Reuss. Gary and I loaded up all of our laundry and went for a walk along the river and across a different bridge, the Spreuerbrucke. Managed to get slightly lost but eventually found the Jet Wasch Laundromat. We could have spent a couple of hours and washed and dried the clothes ourselves, but for €40 she was prepared to do it for us and for an extra €2 she would deliver it back to our hotel. This deal was a no brainer, she asked us to sort the laundry into three washers and leave it to her. Done!

We then did a little shopping and we all bought Swiss Army knives as souvenirs. I got a dainty ladies one, with tweezers and a toothpick and my name engraved on it.

We walked along both sides of the river, crossing over on the different bridges. We also walked up to the city wall and towers. Unfortunately being winter, none of the towers were open for us to climb, but it was a lovely walk anyway.

We had a delicious lunch at the Rathaus Brauerie beside the river – goulash and parsley potatoes. We then wandered over to the boat station to enquire about boats for a lake cruise the next day and a possible trip up to Mt Rigi.

The four of us separated for dinner that evening, the boys went into the Irish pub next to our hotel, Mr Pickwick, where they could watch sport and eat burgers. Gary and I found a French restaurant along the river named Brasserie Bodu. We had a delicious romantic French mean of Onion Soup, Coq au Vin with Beans and Potato Gratin and ended up with Crème Brulee. Perfect.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0269s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb