Valle Versasca


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland
December 21st 2016
Published: June 14th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 46.1445, 8.72654

Another slow start - when we got up and going, we met Martina, who came for a coffee and then offered to come with us to Valle Versazca - and even better, to do the driving! Win-win! Time with Steven's lovely cousin and one of my favourite places in Ticino!

We drove up the Valle, stopping at the Selvetica (James Bond) dam - 220m high and built in the 1960s, it featured in "Goldeneye" when James Bond abseiled from it. After that, we drove to the Ponte Romantica - the stunning stone bridge at Laverezza. Many photos again - I love this gorgeous view. Ice on the rocks was very exciting for the kids too. Then to Sonogno, the gorgeous stone village at the end of the valley. There was a sprinkling of snow - a few snowballs may have been thrown - but really very little snow. The village is almost completely deserted - apparently there are only 70 "year round" residents, and none of the artisan shops were open. But a lovely grotto/restaurant was open where we had either lasagna or polenta and stew in the warmth. Then, when we had warmed up a little, we went for a walk in the snowy paths and field. Much fun!

When we got back to Porto Ronco, we had a short break at the apartment before heading out to dinner in Ronco at the pizzeria with everyone in the extended Perissinotto family. We had:
Zia Teresa and Zio Romano, Eurosia and Raissa, and Tino (and Cinzia)
Zio Marcello & Zia Gabriella, Davide & Eva and Alice
Zia Natalina & Zio Luciano, Martina & Floriano, Andrea & Daniel, Danny & Sandra, William & Yasmin

Very special to all be gathered together


Additional photos below
Photos: 45, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0226s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb