Paris changed my mind and Switzerland is amazing!


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland
June 19th 2011
Published: June 19th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Ok,

So now that Im on a semi normal keyboard (sorry about the bad punctuation - cant make most of the symbol keys work) Ive got a bit more to tell you.

Tour has started out great - the group is all really nice and have made some great new friends. Our guide is really knowledgeable and has made everything really easy. Our driver (Ray from Latvia) is like James Bond with a bus. He managed to squeeze a full size coach through the arches at the Louvre - he had about 10cm either side of the mirrors so just goes to show his skill.

Paris has officially changed my mind as well - had a real prejudice going in and absolutely loved it. Beautiful and so much to look at. Pity it was a bit rainy but managed to see the Mona Lisa, go to Saints Chappelle (if you dont know what that is look it up - its basically heaven on earth) and go for a bike tour around the city. My proudest moment in Paris was riding around on a bike in the middle of the second busiest intersection and not dying - trust me- if youve seen the Parisians drive youll know how amazing that is! Have some amazing photos so will show you all when I get home.

10 hour drive to Lauterbrunnen in Switzerland yesterday but was well and truly worth it - my favourite so far! It is breathtaking and only a little cold (went up an Alp and it was -10 degrees - all hail to my mum - you were very right and the weather proof jacket and gloves saved my life! Thanks mum!) Our camp site is beautiful and surrounded by waterfalls so loving it heaps!

Off to Avingon tomorrow to see the palace of the popes - just a bit excited!

Hope everyone is good - not getting homesick yet but missing you all just the same.

Love you mum and dad - hope I haven't accidentally texted at 4 in the morning yet!

More to come later....

Advertisement



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0471s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb