Avignon, Barcelona and Nice


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur » Nice
June 23rd 2011
Published: June 23rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Hi everyone,

So by now I've uploaded some photos to my Facebook page so hopefully everyone can see them. Just a quick update now from Alix's laptop (thanks Al!) before I head off to bed after a big day of being on the bus!

After Lauterbrunnen we headed to Avignon, France - the most beautiful and typically french walled city. I loved it there so much and it was a pity we only had a night. Sat in a little French square eating wonderful food, drinking wine and smothering myself in the most amazing chocolate cake you've ever seen in your life... not joking... I would pay $2000 for a flight back just to eat it! All in all loved the atmosphere and the lifestyle of Avignon - it'll probably be one of the highlights of the trip.

After Avignon we headed to Barcelona via Pont du Gard, a Roman aqueduct built over 2000 years ago that's still standing - beyond cool!

Barcelona proved to be a bit disappointing - not great at all really - not what I was expecting either. The first night we got there we partied pretty hard at a few funky little bars and then one of the weirdest nightclubs ever. Note to anyone trying to buy drinks - the girls only serve good looking guys and the guys will only ever get drinks for girls - doesn't matter how long you stand there waving your money around! Also noteworthy - a standard drink here is a tall glass filled about 3/4 full of vodka - I had 3 drinks and was sure I was still drunk when I woke up!!!!

Needless to say that the next day was not very fun for anyone - there was a big greasy breakfast served by a sweet but very confused spanish lady and lots of shopping - jewellery was pretty cool so I got a some earrings, necklace and bracelet.

In Nice on the French Riviera now after an 8 hour drive today and the weather is amazing. Going to head to bed early as there is a lot of sight seeing to do tomorrow before we hit the casinos in Monaco for the evening! Martini, shaken not stirred anyone?

Again, lots of love mum and dad and I hope that everyone else is doing well - send me emails - I'm missing you all!

Promise post cards soon - making it my mission for tomorrow...

xoxoxoxox

Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0539s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb