Switzerland


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland
September 16th 2009
Published: September 16th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Boungiourno from Switzerland

Csi, we made it to Switzerland!!!
How was our ride??? LLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNGGG.

Yes we had an early start today, the trip from Paris to Switzerland was 582 kilometres. Lots of sleeping done on the bus. But it was worth it, Switzerland is absolutely BEAUTIFUL. Very mountainious and it was cool. We went on a boat cruise around Lake Lucerne looking at all the very rich homes and Castles around the lakeside. The lake is about 20 miles long and 7 miles wide and has about 4,000 sailboats which sail on it. We had a lovely meal that nite at the Hotel with our other travellers. Enjoyed hitting the bed last nite and we all slept well.

5.45am wake up call the next day to go on our excursion up the Stansehorn Mountain. We travelled first by finicular railway (like a cable car) and then by gondolar. The gondolar was a very smooth ride and the maintenance on them was perfect. The crowd would gasp when we rode over the towers because the gondolar would rock. We went up 6,330 feet through the clouds and what a FANTASTIC site. From the top the view stretches into a chain of more than 100 kilometres of alpine panorama, 10 swiss lakes and all the way to the Black Forest in Germany. The clouds lay beneath us and on top of the city. We could see the top of the Alps all around us. There was some snow on the tips but not much. The air was clear, fresh and crisp.

The Oriental Express Train passed us on our way into Venice. Too quick for a photo though. The chance of that happening is 1 in a million.

Another long drive to Venice the next day. It rained all day so our excursion on the gondolar boat ride was postponed until the next day. The roads were flooded in places. Photos of Italy to come.


Arrivederci
The Yelwahs from Switzerland


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



19th September 2009

Hi Hannah. I like reading your blogs, looks like you are all having such a fun time. The photos look so good. We had market day on Friday it was lots of fun, I brought a wheat bag!!! Enjoy the rest of your holiday.

Tot: 0.143s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0676s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb