Day 4 Switzerland


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland
May 26th 2009
Published: May 26th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Today we started off the day by driving to the Victoria- Jungfrau five star hotel in Interlaken. The hotel was absolutely amazing. It was apparently two hotels that they combined as one to make on huge hotel. The have three different restaurant facilities. One fine dining and the two others are more causal dinning. They also have three types of rooms to choose from and the pricing per night starts at almost 700 francs. This place was absolutely spectacular. The main lighting in the ballrooms they had was mainly chandeliers. They were absolutely gorgeous. We also got to see a room that people use for conventions and meetings. The level of service we had at the hotel was really good. Our tour guide was a very nice lady and our servers at lunch were very nice and very professional. Our first course there was a salad bar buffet style. It had fruits, meats, lettuce, olives basically an assortment of different light foods. Then for the main course we had a choice of this cheesy pasta with beef or penne pasta with shrimp. I chose the penne and I was very much impressed by the presentation of the meal. It was very exquisite. Probably the biggest luxury of all at this restaurant was having ice in our drinks. In America I think we take for granted simple things like having so much ice in our drinks. Then it was on to dessert which also had an amazing presentation. It was chocolate ice cream on a biscotti with a rum sauce and a then hard chocolate with a few nuts on the top. It was pretty good. Then after lunch we got back on the bus and drove to Vitznau to visit DCT a Swiss management school. It was very interesting first we had a little welcoming presentation followed by a tour of the facility and then had a few refreshments in there cafeteria. Some of the students actually served us drinks and pie. Then afterwards we watched three presentations made by the students and the last one was made by the dean. They were all very interesting, except I did not really understand a lot of the content in the very first presentation. It was interesting though to see the diversity of the cultures there just based on the presentations. The first group consisted of an Italian man, a Japanese girl and an Indian guy. Then the second group consisted of a Russian girl, a Hungarian guy. It was just really cool to see the diversity in the students. Then when the dean spoke she talked about this relatively new concept of of the Zero star hotel. Basically the idea is to go back to worrying about the basics. Hotels are now constantly battling it out to have the newest technology like flat screen tvs in all their rooms or adding spas to the hotel. The idea of the zero star is not a quality standard but a brand. Focusing more on basics of beds and interaction among people staying and the customer service.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.133s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0489s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb